Office relocation can sometimes be very challenging. In most cases, the pieces of equipment that need to be moved are very expensive and moving them is what causes the stress levels to go up. But, there is a way of taking the stress away from your office relocation! With the help of some simple tips, you will learn what the best and safest way of packing office equipment is. And you know what? You are in luck! We, at Good Neighbors Moving Company, have written all of them! All you have to do is read the following carefully. Trust us, with the help of our office packing tips, your relocation will be a breeze!
First things first – Come up with a good plan!
There is nothing worse than trying to relocate items without a proper moving plan. Here are some of the things you will need to plan when it comes to packing office equipment the right way.
- Setting the moving date. To avoid putting your business at risk, you should move your office during non-working hours. You can consult with your commercial movers Los Angeles to choose the perfect date.
- Gathering packing supplies of the finest quality. In order to pack your office equipment properly, you are going to need quality packing materials. And a lot of them!
- Finding help. It is a good idea to include your employees in the process to prep your office for the move ahead of time. In addition to this, you should hire reliable movers since they can help you speed up the moving process.
Follow simple steps to pack office equipment hassle-free
After making a plan and gather everything you need for packing office equipment, you will be ready! Here are the steps you will want to follow to pack all of your possessions in the safest possible manner.
- Declutter your office. Whether you need to relocate your home office or a regular one, make sure to get rid of the clutter first. Your new office should be clutter-free. To help you achieve this, you should consider renting a storage space where you can place some of your office equipment, documents or furniture.
- Disconnect and take apart everything. Office equipment is in most cases very bulky and heavy. To make its relocation simpler make sure to disassemble furniture and disconnect your electronics. Back up the data on all of your computers before you start to pack them for the move. You don’t want to lose any of your important information!
- Use packing materials wisely. All of your office equipment needs to be wrapped before you place it in moving boxes. Make sure to use a lot of cushioning materials to keep everything in place during transportation.
- Label your moving boxes. Do this on at least four sides so that you can see the labels even when your boxes are stacked. And, don’t forget to write “fragile” on the boxes that are filled with breakables!
- Clean the space after packing office equipment. After you pack your office for the move, take a rest and then clean the empty space. Don’t leave the mess behind and dispose properly of the items you don’t need.