You’ve probably heard lots of advice on how to pack and do all the necessary steps to prepare for moving day. But what about tips on helping your movers relocate your home, whether it is needed or not? This process is equally important. Especially if you want to unpack more easily afterward. Because judging by the number of people who make the same DIY mistakes and keep living out of boxes months after relocation, it seems like hiring one of the top moving companies in southern California could prove to be a really smart investment. However, even though hiring professional movers is a tremendous help, it doesn’t mean you can’t help your movers with your move. And we’ve got all the advice for you on how to do just that and relocate more smoothly.
Hiring a reliable moving company
Hiring professional help is always a smart move. First of all, you should do some research to be able to find a good moving company. Do not rush. Check and call several moving companies and ask what they are offering. A reputable, experienced Pasadena moving company will give you a discount on certain services they can provide. Moving companies can offer you premium services like packing/unpacking, trucks, transportation, storage units, etc. But also, you can expect to find special ones like a professional packing service.
What kind of services can you expect from professional movers?
These are some of the services that you can expect from a professional moving company.
- Packing and proper labeling
- Truck and transport
- Safety of your things
- Storage units
Helping your movers with steps they won’t take care of
There are some things that pro movers will not deal with. Maybe you can find certain companies that would but, most of proper, licensed movers don’t want to take responsibility for the hazardous and flammable items or your personal items and documents. Other than those, there are some other things you will need to be helping your movers with. And let’s start with the items they won’t take care of themselves.
- Hazardous and flammable items. This includes gas, paint, guns, ammunition, etc.
- Perishables. You cannot put frozen food and fresh fruit and vegetables on the moving truck. Be sure you use all the perishables before the moving day comes.
- Valuables. Take your personal documents and papers, money, expensive jewelry, etc. in the car with you.
- Pets. They are solely your responsibility. It is not safe to just put the cage with your lovely pet into the moving truck. That will be tremendously stressful to the pet and you do not want anything bad to happen. So, always transport your pets in your own car.
- Plants are extremely fragile and sensitive stuff. Plants can easily die or get damaged in transport. If you can not transport them yourself, for whatever reason, just give them to friends or neighbors as a gift.
Other things you should be helping your movers with if you want to streamline the process of your move:
- Distribute your boxes following a skilfully thought out plan. It is very tempting to just throw all of your boxes, baskets, and luggage all in one pile as soon as you enter the hallway. People always say they will sort them out later, but they never do. In fact, we strongly advise you against this because if you are thinking about helping your movers relocate your home more quickly, they will be slower this way. Instead, distribute your boxes to the rooms they correspond with. We can also recommend you hire our professional packing services and we will pack up your life with maximum productivity.
- In order to do this effectively, you should mark every box with a visible and clear label which will explain to which room it belongs. This way, you are helping your movers relocate your home more efficiently and your moving day can have a well-organized start.
- Before you even have the chance to get impatient, stop and look at the pile of boxes in front of you. Don’t make the mistake of randomly opening boxes. In order to unpack more quickly, your movers need to know what it is they are unpacking. Have everything organized and labeled by usage or by room category.
- Now all that’s left do is make sure you check labels and start opening them in the room they correspond to.
Start with the necessities when helping your movers
Before packing anything else, start by first preparing the essentials box (or luggage). This will be one of the first boxes that you put in your car. Only if you believe your truck will arrive at the same time you will to your new home, then it is okay to leave it last in the truck. This box contains the most important items you need to have in order to feel at home in the first few days after moving in.
When you decide to relocate to a new address with your family, you will have a lot on your mind, for sure. You should first make a plan and a moving checklist so that you don’t forget something. The moving process will consume a lot of your time and can be really tedious if you don’t have professional assistance. So is why your best bet is to hire Good Neighbors Moving company to help you or do the job instead of you. So when it comes to the question of helping out your movers, we say yes, but don’t forget that they are there to help you. You can relax after planning and enjoy the ride!