Getting a short-term storage unit comes with many benefits. This is a perfect solution for people who need to place some of their belongings elsewhere, but only for a short period of time. If you are wondering whether you too should get one of these facilities, we will tell you when is the best time to rent short-term storage. Make sure to read the following carefully and you will learn whether it is the right time for renting a storage unit.
What is a short-term storage unit?
Before we tell you when is the best time to rent short-term storage, we need to explain what short-term storage is and how it differs from a long-term storage unit. Mastering the difference between these two needs to be done before getting storage services LA! Therefore, let’s learn more about both of these types of units.
- Short-term storage unit – this is a facility in which you can store your goods for no more than 3 months. In case you need to store your belongings for a few days or no more than 90 days, opt for this storage type.
- Long-term storage unit – this is a facility in which you can store your goods for more than 3 months. This storage unit is perfect for people who want to store their seasonal items, old furniture, etc.
Make sure to choose the best short-term storage solution
Many movers South Pasadena, CA can provide you with both moving and storage services. Your job will be to find the best company in order to place your belongings in a safe place. This is why it is so important to choose your storage unit wisely! It needs to have a good location (for example, be close to our home/company), and be of the right size, well-maintained, secured and without any damage.
When is the best time to rent a short-term storage unit?
Now that you have learned what short-term storage is, let’s focus on when is the best time to rent short-term storage. Here are some of the situations in which you should think about renting a short-term facility.
- Moving business or household. When moving, you might need to store your belongings until you can move into the new office space or household. This is why you should ask your residential or commercial movers Los Angeles whether they will be able to provide you with one of these units in case you find yourself in this situation.
- Home remodeling project. Most renovation and remodeling projects don’t last longer than 3 months. By placing your items in storage units during these projects, you will keep them safe and be able to work freely. So, if you decide to renovate a home, you won’t have to worry about whether your furniture will get damaged.
- Moving out of the dorm at the end of the students’ school year. Most students opt for short-term storage units at the end of their school year. Instead of moving their belongings to their home and then back again, they choose a much simpler solution! This is why the end of the school year is for students the best time to rent short-term storage!