Hollywood calling! Moving to the City of Angels is an exciting transition – especially if you’re taking the leap of faith and relocating to LA all the way from Europe. You can, of course, expect a lot of changes and adjustments, but it’s definitely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that’s worth a shot. In case you’re feeling a little overwhelmed or apprehensive about this big move, we’re here to make things easier for you. It’s all about preparation, right? So, today we want to tell you all about how to prepare for moving from Europe to LA and make the most of this change. We’re giving you tips that will make your move across the world easier to handle and less scary. From hiring a moving company Los Angeles to learning about your new home, we’ll cover it all. So, stick around to learn more.
Hire international movers to help you move from Europe to LA stress-free
Whenever you’re moving to a new county, it’s good to have to help. Moving across the planet can be pretty tricky and stressful. So, working with professionals can take some of the stress off your shoulders and make for a more enjoyable and simple experience. That’s why you shouldn’t hesitate to call San Dimas movers and do yourself a favor.
The best thing about working with the pros is that they can help you with every step of the relocation. From helping you plan the move to packing your things, disassembling your furniture, transporting your boxes, and unpacking them. Whatever you need, you just have to find a company that offers the services you’re looking for. Your move from Europe to Los Angeles will become easier by a mile.
Learn about the LA lifestyle to prepare mentally
The pros of moving from Europe to LA
Good news! Moving to Los Angeles from Europe comes with many pros and benefits. Many of the things LA living comes with will help you thrive in your new environment. Here are some of the best parts of life in LA.
- The weather. Everybody knows it, the weather in LA is probably the most perfect weather you can encounter. It’s kind of like being on summer vacation all year long.
- The diversity. Los Angeles is a true melting pot of different people and cultures, and so there’s something for everyone.
- The entertainment. You can’t be bored in LA. There’s always a cool event, an interesting opportunity, fun people and plenty of activities to take part in and have the time of your life.
- Endless opportunities. In a city as big, diverse, and populated as LA, a new opportunity is waiting behind every corner. It’s no wonder everybody moves to Los Angeles to pursue their dreams.
Downsides of moving to Los Angeles from Europe
Even though LA is one of the best places to live, no place is perfect. Even life in Los Angeles comes with certain downsides that might be deal-breakers for you. So, if you’re planning a relocation from Europe to LA, you should be aware of the cons as well. It’s not all so peachy. Here’s what you should know before moving.
- The expenses. If you’re relocating from Europe to LA, you should be prepared for the high prices. Housing, gas and groceries are more expensive than in most cities in the US. So, keep that in mind before you book your plane tickets.
- The traffic. There are millions of people living in LA and everyone drives a car. It’s a given that you’ll run into quite a bit of traffic and spend many hours stuck on the 405.
- It’s not a walking city. You’re 100% going to need a car in LA. You’re likely to commute to work, to drive to the grocery store, and even drive to see your friends.
Picking the right neighborhood in LA
LA consist of 6 regions and each of them consists of many smaller neighborhoods. You have Central Los Angeles, Westside, Northeast LA, San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando Valley (the Valley), South Los Angeles, South Bay, Eastside, and Verdugos. What we suggest is doing research on all these regions before biting the bullet and hiring residential movers Los Angeles. Take your wants and needs into consideration and pick the place best suited for your life. Here are some things to think about when choosing a neighborhood.
- Take your lifestyle into consideration. Do you prefer a busy, fast-paced life or living in the quiet suburbs? If you’d like a slower-paced family lifestyle, look for quieter areas. In case you’re looking to be in the midst of all the fun and excitement, you can find neighborhoods with a rich nightlife.
- Consider the commute to work. Would you like to avoid the traffic jams and live closer to work instead of commuting for hours? Look for places near your work location.
- Figure out your priorities. Is it important to you to live near the beach, near hiking trails, in a trendy spot or in a more down-to-earth residential area? You can find pretty much anything you’d like in Los Angeles, so think about what you’d like.
- Check out the prices. LA is known for being one of the most expensive cities in the world, so you need to consider your budget when moving to LA from Europe. Do some research to see which areas of LA work for your budget.
Additional tips for your relocation to LA from Europe
Other than booking a great moving company that has all the moving services you need and mentally preparing for the move, we have a few additional tips. This will help you organize the relocation and make it easier.
- Downsize before packing – it will make moving cheaper.
- Give yourself enough time – start preparing about 2 months before the move.
- Come up with a moving checklist and timeline – it will help you stay on track.
- Define a moving budget – you should know how much relocating across the globe will cost.
- Handle all the paperwork – from changing your address to getting a US visa, you should remember to take care of all the documentation.
Moving from Europe to LA is an exciting decision, so we hope you’ll have the time of your life. Following our simple tips will help you experience less stress along the way. Hopefully, your relocation will go by without a hitch.