Every single relocation is challenging and difficult in its own way. If you’re a pool table owner, then you’re probably dreading the process of relocating it. Packing and moving bulky items like that is never an easy task. However, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. You can choose your favorite solution – hiring moving companies Los Angeles County for help or doing it on your own. Whatever you decide, we’re here to give you some useful tips that should help if you’re relocating a pool table. We’ll provide you with tips for hiring the right movers as well as a guide for moving the pool table yourself. So, continue reading for some guidance.
Hire pool table movers
Relocating a pool table can be quite a tricky task, but there is a simple solution. You have the option of hiring professionals who handle moving and packing Los Angeles and who will move your pool table with no issues. Working with professionals is always a good way to get a complicated task like this done easier and quicker.
Because the movers are professionals who have relocated many pool tables in their careers, they know the right techniques. Movers have the know-how as well as the tools and equipment that’s needed for successfully transporting a pool table. So, if you want to avoid the hassle of doing this on your own, you can always pay the pros to help you.
Hiring the right movers
If you decide to hire professionals to relocate your pool table, you should make sure to hire the right moving company. Don’t go for the first movers you run into. Instead, make an informed decision to avoid having regrets in the future. Here’s how to find reliable movers.
- Do they have experience? If you’re hiring movers to handle a tricky task like moving the pool table, you want to make sure they know how to get the job done. So, make sure the movers know what they’re doing and that they have experience.
- Read their reviews. If you can find reviews of the moving company, that will be very useful. By reading about other people’s experiences with the movers, you’ll see if they have what it takes to help you.
- Consult the people around you. If your friends, family members, neighbors, or other people in your life have worked with movers before, ask them for advice. Maybe they can recommend a residential moving company LA you’ll enjoy working with.
- Avoid red flags and scams. One of the most important things is being able to trust your movers and rely on them. So, if you notice any red flags while you’re making your decision, it’s best to find a different company. Make sure you’re hiring legitimate movers who have your best interest at heart.
How to relocate a pool table alone
Gather the appropriate supplies
First of all, if you’ve decided to move the pool table on your own, you should start by gathering all the necessary supplies. You’ll need a well-equipped toolbox, amongst other things. Here’s what you should get:
- power drill
- socket wrench
- moving blankets
- staple remover.
Measure the doorways and hallways before relocating a pool table
Before moving day arrives, you should prepare for transporting your pool table. Namely, one of the more important things you should do is measure the pool table as well as the doorways, stairways, and hallways you’ll be carrying it through. By getting these measurements, you’ll be able to see how difficult maneuvering the pool table will be. Also, you’ll see where it can fit and how you can carry it through the house.
Rent a moving truck
When you’re working with white glove movers LA, you don’t need to worry about the moving truck. However, if you’re moving on your own, you have to rent a moving truck on your own. Of course, you should do your best to make the right choice. Rent a truck from a reliable company and get a truck of the appropriate size.
It would be smart to measure your pool table beforehand so that you know how big of a truck you need. Before you choose the truck, inspect it and make sure it is in good condition. Luckily, there are plenty of moving truck rental companies out there, so you’re bound to find one that fits your needs.
Ask friends to help you move the pool table
Even though you’re not hiring professional pool table movers to help you, you can’t do this alone. So, in order to successfully relocate your pool table to your new home, you’ll need to reach out and ask people for help. Because this task is impossible to complete without any help, you shouldn’t shy away from asking friends to give you a hand. Gather as many friends as possible to make sure you have enough people helping you.
Dismantle the pool table
Once you’ve gathered all of the supplies and all of your friends, you’re ready to start. Here are some tips for dismantling the pool table.
- Remove the ball pockets – take out the staples that keep them in place.
- Unscrew the table’s side rails and gently remove them.
- Use a staple remover to extract the staples and remove felt. Be careful to avoid damaging the felt.
- Carefully remove the pool table’s slates. They are very heavy, so do it with caution and patience.
- Remove the legs of the table from the main body.
- Keep the small pieces (bolts and screws) separately and label the bags they’re in.
- Wrap all the parts of the pool table in moving blankets to protect them from damages.
So, now you’re ready for relocating a pool table whether you want to do it yourself or work with professionals. Just decide which solutions suits you best and you can get started. Remember to be careful if you’re doing it on your own to avoid injuring yourself or damaging the table. We wish you luck.